Duties & Responsibilities
The City of Greenville operates a decentralized procurement system administered by the City’s Purchasing Division. The primary function is to procure in a cost effective, timely, and efficient manner and while in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and City policies. The City of Greenville will seek to procure the following at any given time:
Methods of Procurement
- All purchases of $1,500 or less (net of taxes and shipping) may be made without securing competitive quotations providing the purchases are fair and reasonable.
- All purchases of more than $1,500 but less than $25,000 shall be procured by solicitation of written quotations. This will usually be performed by the using department.
- All purchases of $25,000 and greater shall be procured by using the competitive, sealed bidding process. Those purchases deemed as a Professional Service may have separate requirements.
Vendor Requirements - License & Insurance
- Any vendor doing business within Greenville City limits is required to have a current City of Greenville Business License.
- Any vendor doing business on City property is required to have certain Certificates of Insurance on file meeting City requirements. Specific type(s) and amount(s) will be displayed within the contractual agreements between the City and primary vendor.