Bus Route Changes
Effective Saturday, January 2, 2021
As a result of customer requests and safety evaluations, Stop 1076: Allen St & W Simpson St, which is on Route 504: Anderson, is being relocated. The stop is moving to W Simpson St - right before Route 504 turns onto Allen St.
Effective Wednesday, July 1, 2020
The Greenville Transit Authority approved changes to three Greenlink bus routes at its May 28 board meeting. The changes below will go into effect on July 1:
- Route 501: Pleasantburg– upon leaving Greenville Tech, the route will now serve the Phoenix Center on Cleveland Street before returning northbound on Pleasantburg Drive to serve the Arcadia Hills neighborhood.
- Route 504: Anderson– to serve the Greenville Memorial Hospital campus and surrounding medical facilities more quickly, the route will turn left off of Anderson Road onto Dunbar Street, right onto Augusta Street and right onto Mills Avenue.
- Route 507: Augusta– the route will serve the stops near the intersection of Mauldin Road and South Pleasantburg Drive previously served by Route 501.
Effective Friday, April 3, 2020
Due to safety concerns, Greenlink temporarily removed and relocated Stop 1012: Rebecca St & Hall St on Route 501: Pleasantburg.
Effective Friday, April 3, customers using this stop should now plan to get on and off the bus at a new stop installed at the intersection of Clark St & Hilton St.
Effective Thursday, January 2, 2020
1. All buses already inside the Transit Center will depart at the scheduled departure time. Buses will not wait on all routes to arrive before departing. However, the last trip of the night will wait for all connections so that customers can transfer to complete their trip.
2. Buses that arrive late to the Transit Center will depart as soon as all existing passengers disembark and new passengers complete the boarding process.
3. Customers are not guaranteed connections and will not receive complimentary passes for missed transfers.
This temporary policy will help to better evaluate which routes are routinely arriving late at the Transit Center. Staff will use the data to make future recommendations.
Effective Thursday, August 29, 2019
Due to safety concerns, Stop 1397: Laurens Rd & Knollwood Dr is being relocated approximately 800 ft. north towards the intersection of Laurens Rd & Innovation Dr.
Effective Saturday, August 3, 2019
In an effort to maintain on-time performance with Greenlink’s schedules, the following stops will be serviced by Route 601: Simpsonville Connector instead of Route 510: Laurens beginning August 3, 2019. Customers boarding at these stops can transfer to Route 510: Laurens at the identified transfer location at 25 Old Mill Road. Customers should make sure they let the driver know that they need to transfer between routes 510 and 601.
- Owens Ln & S Main St
- Peachtree Ln & Crestwood Dr
- Cary St & W Butler Rd
- Murray Dr & City Center Dr
- Murray Dr & Hyde Cir
- Miller Rd & Murray Dr
- Miller Rd & Rainbow Cir
- Miller Rd & Oak Park Dr
- Miller Rd & Old Mill Rd
- Old Mill Rd & Devonshire Rd
- 600 Block N Main St
- 503 Block N Main St
- N Main St & White Dr
Additionally, the bus stop at Old Mill Rd & Forrester Dr will be serviced by both 510 and 601.
Route Changes effective July 1, 2019
The results of the Comprehensive Operational Analysis (COA), which were unveiled in August 2017, included recommendations for a number of bus route changes. As a result, Greenlink held 16 community meetings throughout the months of October and November 2017, sharing information about the proposed route changes and giving the public an opportunity to provide input on the route designs.
Feedback received at the community meetings were incorporated into the routes and the Greenville Transit Authority Board of Directors voted to adopt the new routes in December 2017. The changes will go into effect July 1, 2019.
Maps of the new route designs are listed below. The routes are also viewable in the FindGreenlink app and on TrackGreenlink.com. For questions or comments, call 864-467-4544.
New Maps & Schedules effective July 1, 2019
- Greenlink System Map Effective July 1, 2019 (PDF)
- Route 501: Pleasantburg (PDF)
- Route 502: White Horse (PDF)
- Route 503: Poinsett (PDF)
- Route 504: Anderson (PDF)
- Route 505: Rutherford (PDF)
- Route 506: Woodside (PDF)
- Route 507: Augusta (PDF)
- Route 508: Wade Hampton (PDF)
- Route 509: E North (PDF)
- Route 510: Laurens (PDF)
- Route 601: Simpsonville Connector (PDF)
- Route 602: Woodruff Connector (PDF)