- What are the park hours?
Park hours are 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
Prisma Health Welcome Center hours are 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily.
- Is the park open on holidays?
Unity Park will be open year-round.
The Prisma Health Welcome Center will be closed on the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Presidents' Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
- Where can I park?
For information on available parking, please refer to our Getting Here & Parking information.
- How do I reserve a picnic shelter at the park?
Visit the Rentals & Reservations page to reserve a space for your next event.
- Can I reserve the park for a special event?
Check the Rentals & Reservations page for more information.
Learn more about special events in the City and apply for a permit..
- Can I have alcohol in the park?
Beverages containing alcohol are prohibited in the park, except when provided at a permitted special event at the Prisma Health Welcome Center. In this case, a temporary special event alcohol license may be required.
- Can I set up a tent for my personal use in the park?
Tents or shade structures are not permitted in the park. Staking of tents damages the grass areas. Unstaked tents can catch wind and cause injuries. Please do not bring personal tents to the park.
- Can I bring my dog to the park?
Leashed dogs are permitted in the park; however, only service animals are permitted in any indoor facility or at any special event.
- How long is the walking path in the park?
- Michelin Green Loop: .32 mile
- Playground Loop: .23 mile
- River Loop: 1 mile
- Mayberry Field Loop: .32 mile
- Meadowbrook Green Loop: .66 mile
- When are the public restrooms open?
The restroom hours are the same as the park hours, 5 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
- How do I report an issue in the park?
Call or text Greenville Cares at 864-232-CARE (2273).
- What are the Greenville Water Splash Pad hours?
The Greenville Water Splash Pad is open Mondays from 1 p.m. to sunset and Tuesday-Sunday from 9 a.m. to sunset. The Splash Pad will be turned off any day there is rain, including scattered showers. It will operate from May 1 to October 15.
- Will the Greenville Water Splash Pad be open year-round?
The Greenville Water Splash Pad will operate from May 1 to October 15.
- What are the recommended ages for the splash pad?
The Greenville Water Splash Pad is recommended for all ages; however, children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Does my child need to wear a swim diaper in the splash pad?
If your child is still in diapers, he/she must wear a swim diaper in the Greenville Water Splash Pad.
- Are dogs allowed in the splash pad and playground?
Due to state regulations, only service animals are permitted in the Greenville Water Splash Pad and the playground area.
- Is smoking allowed in the park?
Smoking is not permitted in any of the playground areas, per City Code Section 16, Article IV. Smoking is also not permitted in encroachment areas, such as the restaurant or Welcome Center desks. Smoking is not permitted during permitted events. Otherwise, smoking is permitted in city parks.
- Can I walk, wade or swim in the river?
SCDHEC has determined that the Reedy River is contaminated with high concentrations of harmful bacteria that can cause serious infections to humans. For these reasons, walking, wading, swimming in the river are prohibited.