Council members (from left): John DeWorken, Ken Gibson, Russell Stall, Knox White, Wil Brasington, Dorothy Dowe and Lillian Brock-Flemming
City Council is comprised of a mayor elected at-large and six council members, two of whom are elected at-large and four who are elected from their respective districts.
Members of City Council serve a four year term, with elections conducted every two years allowing for staggered terms. Together they constitute the legislative body of the City. The city of Greenville operates under the Council-Manager form of government.
For more information, contact the Office of the City Clerk at email@example.com or 864-467-4431.
Council's Top Ten Priorities
Strengthening Our Community
At its annual retreat, City Council members agreed on its priorities for the 2020-21 fiscal year.
- Quality Growth – Planning for balanced development that preserves the distinct character of Greenville
- Environmental Sustainability – Protecting our climate, green space, and natural resources
- Public Safety – Maintaining a safe and secure community
- Affordable Housing – Creating housing opportunities for all people regardless of income
- Customer Focus – Providing outstanding customer service and a welcoming, inclusive environment
- Transportation Infrastructure – Focusing on roadways, sidewalks, trails, and bike lanes
- Public Transit – Supporting a better public transit system
- Public Facilities – Investing in maintenance and enhancement of public buildings
- Economic Development – Strengthening our business environment + economy
- Recreation and Events – Providing diverse recreation, arts, and cultural experiences
Formal Meeting Agenda and Minutes
The purpose of the meeting agendas are to provide an outline for the orderly and efficient conduct of council meetings. The agenda sets forth the specific items of business (generally ordinances and resolutions) and the order in which City Council will consider them. City Council is pleased to provide information packets of its formal meetings including agendas, minutes, and support material for each discussion item listed on the agenda.
Agendas and packet are anticipated to be posted on the site by 12:00 noon on Fridays preceding the meeting. For questions or comments regarding current Council agendas and minutes, please contact the City Clerk at 864-467-4431.