Documents relating to these applications are available for review online at greenvillesc.gov. You may contact the Planning & Development Office at (864) 467-4476 for more information.
You will have the opportunity to voice your comments at the Public Hearing. Written comments may be mailed to Planning & Development Office, PO Box 2207, Greenville, SC 29602 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments received by Monday before the hearing will be forwarded ahead to the Board. Comments received after Monday will be provided to the Board at the hearing. Please reference the application number and include your name and address on all correspondence. All written comments will be made part of the public record.
In some cases the Applicant may be required as part of the application process to hold a neighborhood meeting before the application is heard by the Board. Property owners within 500’ of the application site would then be notified by mail. A property owner that directly abuts the proposed project or owners of 20% of parcels within 500’ may also request a meeting. Contact the Planning and Development Office for further information.
The criteria for the Board’s Decision are established in the Land Management Ordinance (Chapter 19) of the City Code. A Staff Report will provide an analysis of the Applicant’s request with regard to its context, any related City plans and ordinances, and the specific decision criteria. Staff will present its conclusion to the Board on whether the request satisfies the criteria and may recommend stipulations to the Board for its consideration in granting the request. The criteria for granting Special Exceptions and Variances may be found in Sections 19-2.3.5 and 19-2.3.7, respectively (Code of Ordinances, www.greenvillesc.gov).
The Board will usually vote to grant or deny an application immediately after it considers the evidence and public testimony; however, it may decide to continue the hearing or postpone deliberation to a future date. After the Board votes to grant or deny an application, Staff will prepare a written Decision for mailing to the Applicant. Anyone having a substantial interest affected by the Decision may appeal to the Greenville County Circuit Court within thirty (30) days of the mailing of the Decision.
Webex Meeting Instructions
Steps for Online Access
1. Visit greenvillesc.gov/meeting. You can also go to greenvillesc.gov and click on ONLINE MEETING.
2. Join Event: Board of Zoning Appeals Regular Meeting 7/9/2020
Enter your: First Name
Enter your: Last Name
Enter your: Email Address
Enter the event password: meetnow
Click: Join Now
Steps for Phone Access
1. Dial: +1-415-655-0002
2. Enter Access Code: 129 314 2211
Procedure for Public Comment during Meeting
1. The Board of Zoning Appeals Chair will read through each agenda item and call for a list of names who wish to speak during public comment. The public shall communicate directly with the Planning Staff Liaison if they wish to speak on the specific agenda item.
2. The Planning Staff Liaison will take a list of names, which will be called in order at the time of the specific agenda item, to provide public comment.
3. The Planning Staff Liaison will communicate directly with the public during the public portion of each item to provide comments on the specific agenda item.
4. Each member of the public shall provide their comments when their name is called by the Planning Staff Liaison.
5. Each member of the public will have 3 minutes to speak on the specific agenda item. When speaking:
• Begin by clearly stating your name and address for the record. Please spell your name if it is prone to be misspelled. The 3-minute timer will start after you provide this information.
• Please do not repeat information already presented by someone else and avoid off-topic statements. Those who wish to share similar concerns are encouraged to appoint a spokesperson to speak on behalf of the group.
• Direct all comments and questions to the chairperson, who will respond or direct the question to the appropriate party for response.
6. The Planning Staff Liaison will continue through the list of names until all members of the public who wished to speak on the specific agenda item have had an opportunity.
7. Once all names are called and public comment provided, the public portion for that specific agenda item will be closed.