The start of the holiday season kicked off today in downtown Greenville with the opening of United Community Bank Ice on Main. Since its inception in 2011, the 3,200-square-foot open-air rink has welcomed almost 115,000 skaters.
“United Community Bank Ice on Main has become a winter tradition that truly adds to the City’s distinctive charm,” said Mayor Knox White. “We are excited to commence our ninth season and are fortunate to have community partners who help make United Community Bank Ice on Main such a success.”
Throughout the season, the rink will offer a variety of promotional nights, including:
- Buy 1 admission, get 1 admission free on Mondays from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- United Community Bank Skate United Nights for $5 on Tuesdays from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- The Prisma Health Teddy Bear Drive on Wednesdays. Bring a new teddy bear for the Prisma Health Children’s Hospital and skate half price.
- Duke Energy STEM Days on Thursdays (except December 26). Students who bring a report card with all As and Bs in math or science skate for free.
- WYFF $4 Skate on December 19.
- As a special thank you, Greenville County first responders will skate for free all season long. The promotion is made possible through a private donation by Marci Wilhelm and Steve Rose, who were passengers in the airplane that crashed at the Greenville Downtown Airport on September 27. The couple will also host a private ice skating event for all first responders, airport personnel, Prisma Health staff and community members who helped in the immediate aftermath of the accident.
- Once again, the City has planned a special glow skate as part of a Night of Lights event. The event is scheduled for Friday, December 6 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. and will feature the official Christmas tree lighting, food trucks and vendors, live holiday music and a special visit from Santa Claus. In addition, all plaza lights that have been festively decorated for the holiday season will be turned on. All skaters will receive glow sticks and a voucher to return to the rink at a discounted rate.
“We are always excited for a new season of United Community Bank Ice on Main,” said Michelle Seaver, President of Greenville County for United Community Bank. “This is a tradition we all look forward to as it gives our community a unique opportunity to connect during the holiday season. The rink is a place where we can come together to make memories with loved ones, and we are honored to return as presenting sponsor for the seventh consecutive year.”
For the fifth year in a row, the Peace Center and United Community Bank are bringing back the season-long Skate Your Way to Broadway sweepstakes. Skate Your Way to Broadway includes weekly prizes to see a variety of shows at the Peace Center. One grand prize winner will receive a $400 gift card to fly from GSP to New York City, two tickets to see Aladdin in New York, a $500 prepaid gift card from United Community Bank and two tickets to see Aladdin at the Peace Center.
United Community Bank is proud to offer adaptive skate sleds courtesy of Roger C. Peace Rehabilitation Hospital. The sleds will be available at the rink at all times and interested participants can visit the Skate Shed to request one.
United Community Bank Ice on Main is located in Village Green, next to City Hall. The season runs from Friday, November 15 through Monday, January 20 and the rink will be open seven days a week, except Christmas Day. Skate rentals are $10 for ages 13 and older, $8 for ages 4 to 12 and free for children ages 3 and younger. Visitors who bring their own skates will receive half off admission. A season pass is also available for $50 and includes up to 10 visits. To watch the live Skate Cam sponsored by WYFF 4, visit https://www.wyff4.com/article/skycams/7024478. For more information about United Community Bank Ice on Main, visit www.iceonmain.com.
About United Community Banks, Inc.
United Community Banks, Inc. (NASDAQ: UCBI) is a bank holding company headquartered in Blairsville, Georgia, with executive offices in Greenville, South Carolina. United is one of the southeast region’s largest full-service financial institutions with $12.8 billion in assets, and 147 offices in Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. It operates principally through United Community Bank, its bank subsidiary, which specializes in personalized community banking services for individuals, small businesses and companies. Services include a full range of consumer and commercial banking products, including mortgage, advisory, and treasury management. Respected national research firms consistently recognize United Community Bank for outstanding customer service. For five of the past six years, J.D. Power has ranked United Community Bank first in customer satisfaction in the Southeast. In 2019, for the sixth consecutive year, Forbes magazine included United on its list of the 100 Best Banks in America, and for the first time included United on its list of The World’s Best Banks. Additional information about UCBI and the Bank can be found at www.ucbi.com.