As part of the City’s commitment to ensuring the safety and security of employees, all employees are required to adhere to the practices described below. In addition to creating a safer work environment for employees, these practices are intended to better protect employees’ personal belongings and City-owned equipment like computers and laptops.
CITY IDENTIFICATION (ID) BADGE
Employees are required to wear (or keep on their person) their ID badge.
- The rear entrance to City Hall is for City employee use ONLY and will remained locked at all times, even during business hours. To gain entry via this entrance, a City ID badge is required.
- The general public, including visitors and standard deliveries, must access City Hall using the front entrance (adjacent to South Main Street).
- Employees expecting a caterer or planned delivery may meet the expected party at the rear entrance of City Hall and escort the caterer or delivery person to the proper location.
- The doors located in the rear entrance to City Hall should not be propped open and left unattended at any time.
- When exiting the rear entrance, employees should not allow someone access unless they are confident the person is a City employee.
CITY HALL VISITORS
- Visitors to City Hall will be issued a temporary ID badge indicating the floor(s) they are visiting. If a visitor appears on a floor other than the floor(s) indicated on their temporary ID badge, employees should direct the visitor to the correct floor or to return to the Greenville Cares desk for assistance.
- When meetings with visitors conclude any time after 5:00 pm, employees must escort all visitors out of the building via one of the 1st floor stairwell exits located at the front and rear of the building (as the front entrance to City Hall is locked at 5:00 p.m.).